Disney Springs east coast Florida Pandemic Florida Trip southeast Uncategorized

Pool time and Springs – Day 12

The sun rose and gave light to another hot and muggy Florida morning. Of course, I was up a couple of hours before the sun would wake up for the day. I’m so used to it that it doesn’t phase me anymore. Although, I would like to be able to sleep in a little bit. After all, I am on vacation.

Day 12

Today was going to be another lazy day hanging around the resort. My aunt and uncle would be coming in from Fort Myers for a quick visit. I haven’t seen my aunt in probably three years and well, it’s been over ten since I’ve seen my uncle.

Now this morning was much different than the other mornings I’ve had so far on this Florida trip. Today I had someone to talk to while I wait for my daughter to wake up. My mom is an early riser too. Not sure if it’s a gift or a curse but we both have no problem waking up in the wee hours of the morning.

Today was also the first day me and my daughter had a “home” cooked meal since we left South Carolina. We’ve had nothing but fast food, fast casual, and restaurants. Today my mom was cooking breakfast and made the most amazing bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches. It was just what I needed for today.

Once everyone was up and fed we got ready to hit the pool. When we got there we were the only ones around. For at least the next half hour it was only us. It was nice to have the whole thing to ourselves. Something that is hard to find in Florida now-a-days.

After our little dip some of us went back to the townhome. Before you knew it my aunt and uncle were here and came packing with lunch. It was fried chicken from Publix. It was very good but my brother says that it is usually better.

For the next couple of hours we hung out at the pool and did a little BSing. I must say that I was expecting my uncle to lose his Illinois accent. Much to my surprise he has not.

Now my aunt is not in the best of shape right now so they ended up leaving much earlier than we were expecting. It was sad to see them leave so soon but it was for the best. She was having issues getting around and I am sure she was getting frustrated.

After they left we were not sure what we would be doing. We all figured we would be getting pizza for dinner and my aunt and uncle would be leaving much later. We all ended up going back to Disney Springs.

This way we could get away from the townhouse for a little bit. Get something good to eat and do a little shopping. The only problem was trying to figure out what to eat.

That is the problem sometimes going with a large group of people. Trying to figure out what everyone wants. I myself wasn’t too hungry so it didn’t matter much to me. I would have gotten something from Polite Pig but we decided to go to Deluxe Burger.

Now I have always enjoyed the burgers there. However, today they definitely missed the mark. My daughter wasn’t a big fan of her burger. I ended up having a couple of bites of hers since all I ordered was a Milk Shake. I gotta say, I wasn’t a fan of it either. It didn’t hit the mark like they usually do.

After we finished up we walked all around Disney Springs again. We went into so many shops and spent a small fortune throughout. I did end up finding some interesting pins and pens. I picked one of these wooden animal pens up for a friend and my daughter found one she like. I am pretty sure they are hand craved but I could be wrong.

I think we managed to spend close to 3 hours at Disney Springs. Before we left I was starting to get a little hungry and wanted something that would be good for tonight and the rest of the week. So we headed over to Blaze for some pizza.

The pizza here is amazing and the best you can find at Disney. As some of you may already know, I live outside Philadelphia so I know what good pizza is. Most of Florida does not have good pizza. Maybe it’s the water. Maybe it’s the sauce. Whatever it is, the pizza down south in general isn’t very good.

My brother and I both ended up ordering pizza from Blaze. It was a good idea since we ended up having left overs for the next couple of days. Once we got back to Fantasy World Resort we all just relaxed.

Tomorrow was going to be a big day. We are planning on visiting Magic Kingdom in the morning and hoping over to Animal Kingdom in the Afternoon. Than back to Magic Kingdom to watch the fireworks. We were going to need to get a good nights rest. Unlike how we usually visit WDW. We won’t be taking a mid day break. From park open to close we will be exploring Walt Disney World.

Be sure to come back tomorrow to see how we made out on our first of only two days visiting Walt Disney World. I think it is going to be interesting to find out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: